Statistics Tutorials for SWEHSC
The following topics are proposed for 1-hour statistics tutorials aimed at SWEHSC investigators.
- Summarizing data - Why "error bars" are the right answer to the wrong question.
- Biomarkers I - Why 'statistical significance' is not 'classification'.
- Biomarkers II - How change scores, ratios and naive normalization cause problems.
- Measurement, replication, and variability (assay validation?)
- Design issues (blocking, randomization (plates, treatments, etc.)?)
- Exposure measurements (EIV) and biased estimation.