10 Issues to Define a Statistical consulting relationship
The following list is from Janice Derr's book Statistical Consulting: A Guide to Effective Communication (2000, Duxbury Press)
- What is your role?
- What are the roles of others on the project?
- How will communications be maintained?
- What are the "deliverables"?
- What are the deadlines?
- How will you be compensated for your participation?
- What are acceptable statistical practices?
- What are the ownership rights?
- What stipulations are there for security and confidentiality?
- When is a project finished?